SOEUR MILLER week 31 (8/12/26)

 Another transfer! It has been another long week but it should start getting back to normal soon! Pdays are now on Wednesday!


My new area, Valleyfield, is so beautiful! It’s the complete opposite of Hochelaga. It feels like a different mission! There is no metro but a ton of beautiful parks along the water where we go finding. I'm still trying to adjust to not metro finding and talking to crowds of people. Valleyfield is a lot calmer! We do lots of knocking in the cutest neighborhoods and while it is french, it’s not the same. The québécoise french is a lot harder for me to understand and sometimes I'm not sure it’s french.

This transfer is really going to push me in the language. I'm excited to see the growth in 6 weeks but for now it’s exhausting and by the afternoon I usually have my "french headache" haha. My companion is amazing! She is from Tahiti and her english is so good! We speak mostly french together, which is so good but hard too. Sœur Tuhoe is very patient with me and I am so grateful for her. Plus I have a good excuse to visit Tahiti now;)

Valleyfield has the sweetest branch full of incredible members!! We have the best couple that feeds us twice a week! Frère and Sœur Dupont gave us enough food to last us the transfer!! They are so funny and treat us like their own daughters. 

This week has been a lot of adjusting and trying to find out what the work looks like in this area. It’s definitely overwhelming, especially the French, but I am continually amazed at the miracles that happen everyday! 

Pday is one of the best days of my week and I am so beyond grateful for my family. They are EVERYTHING to me! I am so blessed to have so many amazing examples in my parents, older siblings that have served missions, and little siblings that will be incredible missionaries one day. 

I was talking with my older siblings about trying to understand how I could do my best even while not always feeling confident in the language and I thought of this scripture in the Book of Mormon:

Mosiah 7:33

33 But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

The Lord will bless every effort we give, especially when it’s our best! That’s all we can do and that's all He asks for! Sometimes our best looks different everyday but our reliance on the Savior should should never change! He is the way, the only way!! Trust Him a little more this week and I promise He will show you what He can do with your best!! Love you all!


🤍Sœur Miller

Comments

Popular Posts